Burlington’s strong community character lies in our diverse business, commercial and residential communities, which will be strengthened as we continue to support and embrace this diversity. Actions to consider:
- Use the Burlington Master Plan as a tool to guide us in the development and redevelopment of our community connections, by expanding housing opportunities and transportation sources between the commercial and residential areas … benefiting both businesses and residents
- Continue support of Burlington's Economic Development; seek alternative funding sources for local initiatives while proactively managing the development in our Town
- Assure that our parks, playgrounds and recreation fields are safe, well maintained, and a source of pride to the community.
- Seek cost effective opportunities to invest and improve access, including transportation and sidewalks, to our many recreation areas, parks, playgrounds and community spaces.
- Maintain, support and promote the high-quality emergency services: Police, Fire and Emergency Services
My track record with building a vibrant community includes:
- As a champion of our Zoning Bylaws, and understanding their importance to the responsible development of our community, I created legislation to establish the Zoning Bylaw Review Committee and currently serve and its Chair
- As a key proponent of Warrant Articles to upgrade Bedford Street and Terrace Hall sidewalks; resulting in the establishment of the Sidewalk Development Program
- I was a vocal resident participant in the development of the Burlington Master Plan
- As a Steering Committee member, I worked to educate the town as to the benefits of the Community Preservation Act