History of Service
My professional experience enables me to bring an added degree of understanding to Town issues.
- For 13 years I worked in the LABBB Collaborative (special education services provided in public schools of Lexington, Burlington, Bedford, and Belmont), where I was part of a specialized team that created and provided inclusive, individualized programs customized to support each student's individual strengths and ability level.
- For the last 7 years, I worked for Minuteman Senior Services, where I assisted older adults and those living with disabilities, by providing information about available resources and programs, enabling them to live with dignity, in the setting of their choice
In addition, my history of community service reflects my commitment to, and passion, for Burlington.
- As a Town Meeting member for the last 25 years representing Precinct 3, I have championed many initiatives and responsible for the review of the Town’s Operating Budget
- As an appointed member of Town Meeting committees, I have served on Land Use and currently serve as the Chair of the Zoning Bylaw Review Committee
- Over the years, I have volunteered with the Library Book Sales, Francis Wyman PTO Secretary, and currently deliver Meals on Wheels to those in need within our community
Key to my community involvement has been my ability to listen carefully, develop strong collaborative relationships, solve problems creatively, and reinforce the importance of delivering on promises.