Currently I am working to help Burlington become a member community by adopting the CPA.
- The CPA was established by Massachusetts law (in 2000) to encourage historic preservation, open space, and affordable housing.
- The CPA is a smart growth tool that helps communities preserve open space and historic sites, create affordable housing, and develop outdoor recreational facilities.
To learn more and help support the CPA in Burlington visit these websites:
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
Over the past several years, I have been concerned about the lack of equity in our town.
- I was a proponent for the DEI Director position warrant article which Town Meeting overwhelming passed and as a result, the School Department hired Director Ray Porch to lead the schools in becoming a more inclusive and equitable community.
- I have been a supporter of the Town DEI subcommittee, who is tasked with bringing awareness to the Town Administration in these areas and to be more inclusive, equitable and compliant with state and federal laws. Based on the recent exchange between the Select Board and their own DEI subcommittee, there is much work to be done.
- I am working with the local organization, Burlington Equity Coalition (BEC), that advocates and promotes local initiatives that ensures that ALL residents, workers and visitors feel welcomed and included in our community.
To learn more about the BEC: